1 Aug 2012

Sunbury Antiques fair & upcycled swan planters!

I love Sunbury antiques fair, held bi-monthly at Kempton Park race course. On my latest trip I found an old, kitsch swan planter. It's the ideal storage container for my sewing threads!
I was tempted by these old birds and basket too... but resisted!
I really liked the raised flowers and shape of this plate; ideal for resting my knitting needles!
Everything on this stall from the antique dentifrice containers to victorian toothbrushes, was dug out of landfills and building sites! The trader looks on maps for areas where old factories or big buildings used to be and then digs! Sometimes he's lucky, sometimes not!
I love old glass. This is an antique inkwell from a landfill. A snip at £1!
More unusual sights at the fair; an antique wheelchair and cast iron bath legs. I love their shape!
"Sunbury Antiques Market is the largest market in the country with over 750 stalls - rummage heaven!"